Monday, January 10, 2011

Ten Tiny Love Stories

In this movie, ten women tell stories about a man that affected their lives. They are written as monologues.
 
Brief Synopsis: One at a time, each by herself, ten women speak directly into the camera and talk about themselves. Talking about a relationship with a man - sometimes a long-term one and more often a brief one - triggers remembrances of a parent lost, of a pet, of childhood. The first woman talks about running into a true love several years later, the second describes her loss of virginity, the third recounts a discomforting blind date; only one woman has experienced a long-term marriage. Dreams figure into several stories. Some ask "Is there only one great love?" "Where am I when I'm in a relationship - even one that ends in a night?," is a question others raise. Written by   (Taken from imdb)

Random Quote: "Make a bridge from your dreams to yourself."
 


My Review: I didn't really know what to think of this as I went into it. It was on instant play on Netflix. I figured that I could change it if it was not good.
I was surprised to find that I couldn't seem to turn it off. I thought it was actually going to be about love stories. It didn't talk about love as we think of "love", rather, experiences that women have had with different men in their lives... not even men that meant anything.
As each woman recounted her story, it seemed as if she were finding more out about herself than anything else. Doesn't really seem like it would be a movie that a man would enjoy.
There were times that some of the stories seemed to drag on, but for the most part, it easily held my attention.
It was one of those movies that makes you feel kinda funny inside afterward. I think the reason being, that sometimes we forget that people all over the world, have more in common then what meets the eye. We all have experienced things differently, but the emotions that we share are limitless. 

3 out of 5 stars

No comments: