Sunday, July 13, 2008

Always a Bridesmaid, Never a Bride

*Chick Flick Alert* :o)
27 Dressess is up for review.

Brief Summary:
Two things about Jane: she never says no to her friends (she's been a bridesmaid 27 times and selflessly plans friends' weddings), and she's in love with her boss, George, nurturing dreams of a lovely, romantic wedding of her own. She meets Kevin, a cynical writer who finds her attractive, and that same week, her younger, flirtatious sister Tess comes to town. Jane silently watches George fall for Tess, a manipulative pretender. Worse, Jane may be called upon to plan their wedding. Meanwhile, Kevin tries to get Jane's attention and has an idea that may advance his career. Can Jane uncork her feelings? (Taken from imdb.com)

Random Quote:
"I feel like I just found out my favorite love song was written about a sandwich."

My Review:
I rather enjoyed this movie. Katherine Heigl is a good actor and seems to chose pretty good scripts. Although the movie was predictable, there was still a lot of humor and fun in the movie. The dresses were a lot of fun to see. Most of them were horrible and looked like they belonged in the 80s. I kept thinking about how glad I was that my sister picked out pretty dresses for her bridesmaids.
In the movie there is so much talk about weddings that by the end of the movie I felt like I wanted to get married. I had a reality check though; you need a boyfriend (someone you "love") before all that can happen. :cp

3 1/2 out of 5 stars

No comments: